Walking with Jesus, Being the Church
— Summer 2020
During July and August, we will be Walking with Jesus, Being the Church.
Through scripture, sermon, mini lessons and music, we will explore
· The abundant life we receive from Jesus the Good Shepherd. (John 10:1-16)
· How to come to Jesus when we are weary and heavy burdened. (Matthew 11:28-30)
· Hear Jesus’ parables about sowers, seeds and weeds! (Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23 and Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43)
· Explore how the Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed, a treasure, pearls and a net (Matthew 13:31-33, 44-52)
· Jesus walking on water and Peter’s attempt to do so (Matthew 14:22-33)
· Who do people say that Jesus is? (Matthew 16:13-20)
· Take up your cross and follow me (Matthew 16:21-28)
Jesus taught and proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of Heaven and sends us out to do the same.
Matthew 28:16-20; Psalm 8